DUROLANE is a single injection treatment to relieve the pain of osteoarthritis (OA) in knee or hip joints.2It is based upon a natural, safe and proven technology called NASHA®. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring molecule that provides the lubrication and cushioning in a normal joint.
DUROLANE is a transparent gel which contains high levels of HA. It is injected into knee or hip joints affected by osteoarthritis to relieve pain, which improves joint function and helps to restore quality of life. The stabilized form of HA in DUROLANE is known as NASHA.
The potential benefits of DUROLANE for OA sufferers include:
- Directly treats the affected joint
- Treatment is repeatable as required by your physician
- May help to avoid or delay hip or knee replacement surgery
- Long-term freedom from osteoarthritis pain
- Simple & quick to administer
- Drug-free alternative to pills
DUROLANE has been developed specifically as a single injection to treat the symptoms of OA.23
DUROLANE is the original single injection for OA pain relief, since 2001*.
- Advanced and unique NASHA technology8
- History of safe use†
- Longer lasting by design8,10
- Significant and sustained benefits for OA patients1,12,13,21,22
* First introduced in the European Union in 2001.
† Over 1 million injections with low post marketing adverse event rate.