- In one study, some patients maintained relief from baseline pain over a 12-month period with a single injection of DUROLANE.8,9
- In this 12-month study, half of the subjects treated with DUROLANE responded with sustained relief of OA symptoms at the end of the study.8,9
After 6 months, all subjects in this study were offered a DUROLANE injection in the open-label phase8
- Among the subjects in this study treated with a single injection of DUROLANE, 31 of 194 patients (16%) did not feel the need for a second intra-articular injection.8,9
- A second injection with DUROLANE led to higher WOMAC Pain responder rates at 39 and 52 weeks than at 26 weeks.*8
- DUROLANE treatment following a steroid injection such as MPA is a viable option.8
* WOMAC Pain responder rate was defined as a relative improvement from baseline in WOMAC Pain score of at least 40%, and an absolute improvement of at least five points.
MPA, methylprednisolone acetate